Monday, July 11, 2011

Take Courage, Child of Light (thus saith the Eternal Orthodox Rebel)

This then is the message which we have heard from Him and declare unto you: God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all. And in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men; and the light shines in darkness, and the darkness is powerless before it. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us; the Dayspring on High hath visited us, to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace, giving thanks unto the Father, who hath made us fit to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints of light. He hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the Kingdom of His dear Son, in whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.

Brethren, the darkness is past, and the true light now shines. I say unto you, Arise! Shine! For thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. Thus saith the Lord, "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage! Be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed, for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee. When thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned." Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me. Thy Word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path.

(adapted from I John, John, Luke, Colossians, Isaiah, Joshua, and the Psalms)

No comments:

Post a Comment